Welcome, the the last day of the 12 days of blogmas. Todays post is great for a little self care activity this holiday season. Journalling is a great way to reflect on your life, reflect on yourself, and to express your thoughts. However journaling is often repititive when you only focus on what happened that day. These prompts can be used to discuss a different topic for the next few days. I hope you enjoy these!
1. What is your favorite thing about the holiday season?
2. Write down ten good things that happened to you this year.
3. Write a letter to someone that’s been on your mind this year.
4. Write down your goals for the New Year
5. What puts you in the Christmas spirit?
6. Write a short summary of this year. Was there moments you particularly enjoyed? Did you have any standout achievements or events?
7. What is the best gift you ever received ?
8. Are there any parts of the holiday season that you find particularly difficult? How do you handle that?
9. Write about how you feel waking up on Christmas morning.
10. Write about your favorite holiday activity. Why?
11. What is the best gift you’ve ever given to someone? How did it make you feel?
12. Think about last Christmas. Compare your life then to this years.
What are some prompts you will be using this holiday season in your journal?
Be sure to follow the blog so you never miss a post, and leave a comment below if you enjoyed these prompts.
all these sleepless nights
are catching up to me
you walk away
how is it
moved on so fast –
you took any
to race off
with a piece
of my heart.
my hopes and dreams
were all crushed
over the years I have come to realize I tend to do certain things when I am feeling anxious. noticing these tells have helped me to understand my anxiety.
Below are some of my tells that I am anxious:
- peeling the skin around my fingers
- biting or licking my lips
- talking quietly
- skipping meals
- uncontrollably nervous
what are some of your anxiety tells ? or how can you tell that you’re stressed out?
you were once
my light on a gloomy day
our late night chats
about our future
we talked about ‘ f o r e v e r ‘
sinking in now
the person I once
wanted to come home to
is now a
of the past
if I needed your loving
would you comfort me ?
if I needed you
would you drop everything and rescue me ?
if I had disappeared
would you miss me ?
if I was stuck in jail
would you bail me out ?
if I were breathing my last breath
in my final moments
would you rush to pay me a visit ?
if I were gone
would you visit my grave?
i tore down my wall
wore my heart
on my sleeve
only for you
to come around and
shatter my heart
into a million pieces
i’m left trying to
piece my heart back together
but how do you mend a shattered heart ?
maybe the only remedy
is your love
your the reason
for my tears
the cause of
this shattered heart
they say time heals
but with time
nothing has changed
my mind still wanders back to you
and all that we had
wondering when it will all stop
seeing your face in every crowd
hearing your voice in every dream
you have become
a blessing turned curse
maybe the only way
to forget you is
to finally end it all
my best to
forget the story of us
you have a hold on me
here I am thinking of you
when all I want is
to forget you
my mind takes me back to when we first met
the days we would talk for hours on end
me sneaking out to see you
the days you held me close
now you call me names and think I’m crazy
you tell me that you had another girl
your the reason for my tears
maybe this isn’t meant to be
maybe I don’t compare to this other girl
maybe just maybe I’m not good enough